Please review the following sections to help you navigate through our continuing education website.
Logging In and Getting Started
- You can access the continuing education website, CE.NationalRegister.org on your desktop computer, or on mobile devices.
- Enter your Registrant/NPTR/Subscriber ID in the Username field.
- Enter your password. If you have previously used the CE site and need to reset your password, click the button beneath the login section that says “Forgot Password?”
- Registrants can use this password to log in to both CE.NationalRegister.org and www.nationalregister.com. To change it to something more memorable, go to www.nationalregister.com and click “My Account” in the upper right corner.
- If you continue to experience issues logging in, call the National Register at 202.783.7663 or email CESupport@nationalregister.org for account assistance.
- You’ll navigate the site using the menu on the left side of the screen.
- If you are using a tablet or smartphone, the menu might be minimized depending on the orientation of your screen. Hit the three horizontal lines icon (≡) to expand the menu.
Access a Listing of Available Courses and Add a Course to My Exams
- Only Registrants have access to NR Publication Courses.
- Click the item on the left-side menu, “NR Publication Courses.” You will see a list of subject categories in purple bars. Each category can be clicked on for a drop down list of courses. For example, if you click “Integrated Healthcare” you will see a drop down listing of our courses in that area of study.
- If you see a course you are interested in taking, click the gold “Add to My Courses” button that appears beneath the course information.
- If you do not wish to take the course right away, you’ll be able to access that “Saved Course” at a later time. All saved courses are available on the “My Courses” page, accessible using the left-side menu and as the first page you see after logging in.
- If you’d like to take the course right away, wait a few seconds until the option changes to “Added to My Courses” and then turns teal and reads “Take Course.” Follow the directions below to take a course.
- Click the item on the left-side menu, "Video Courses." You will see videos offered through our Integrated Healthcare Training Series.
Non-Registrants can purchase individual videos or may purchase an all-access pass to Video Courses. All purchases are for one year of access.
- Click the item on the left-side menu, "Partner Publication Courses." You will have access to exams for our partner publications (please note that this does not include the publication itself). Non-Registrants can purchase individual exams or may purchase an all-access pass to Partner Publication exams. All purchases are for one year of access.
Each publication must be purchased separately on Hogrefe Publishing's website.
Take an NR Publication Course
- Only Registrants have access to NR Publication Courses.
- Click the teal “Take Course” button for the course you wish to take. This button appears after you select “Add to My Courses.” For instructions on how to add an exam, see above.
- After clicking Take Course, the next page will summarize the course and include a link to any additional course materials, such as the article the exam is based on.
- To print or review the questions before beginning the exam, click the teal “Preview Questions” button. This will open up a new internet tab with the questions and answer choices for you to print for your reference.
- Once you have reviewed the materials and are ready to take the exam, click the purple “Start exam” button.
- Enter your answers by clicking on the choices below the question. Hit “Next” on the right to advance to the next question and “Back” on the left to go back to the previous question.
- Should you wish to continue the exam later and not complete it at this time, hit the “Save Exam – Continue Later” button on the left. Wait a moment and you will be redirected to the “My Courses” page.
- On the last question, a “Finish Exam” button will replace the “Next” button on the right. Click this to submit your answers.
- Your exam is scored and the number of questions you answered correctly is immediately reported. In order to maintain the integrity of our CE program, we are unable to release answers or indicate which questions were answered incorrectly.
- Whether you pass or fail, you are required to complete an evaluation form on the course. We will follow up if further information is needed based on your evaluation responses.
- If you pass the course, your certificate of completion will automatically show up in “My Certificate Library” after you complete the evaluation form.
- If you fail the course, you will be directed back to “My Courses” following the evaluation, where you can take this exam again, take another exam, or navigate elsewhere on the site. You may take each exam two times.
Access Your Completed (or Passed) CE Courses
- Also on the left-side menu is “My Certificate Library.” This link will direct you to a log of all your certificates from courses taken on CE.NationalRegister.org. For active Registrants only, this will also include ones that you’ve uploaded from elsewhere.
- Your certificates are organized by year. Click each year to view a drop down listing of all courses taken for that year.
- To filter your certificates by date and/or by subject area, select a category and/or enter dates into the light purple box above the year listings.
- To download individual certificates, click the “Download” option in purple text that appears on the far right of each course listing. This will open up a new internet tab with your certificate for you to print or save to your computer.
- If you’re having issues downloading and saving your certificates, check to see if you need an updated PDF reader, such as Adobe Reader (https://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- To download a report of your passed courses, you can click the teal “Download Report” button that appears above the courses grouped by year. This will download an Excel spreadsheet with course details for your use.
Upload CE Course Information for Credits Not Earned through National Register
- Only Registrants have access to this feature.
- On the “My Certificate Library” page, click the “Add New Certificate” box. This will expand into a box with questions about the course you’ve taken elsewhere.
- Complete each section with the information about the course you took. All fields are required.
- If you have a digital copy of your certificate for that course on your device, you can upload it to your library. You can upload an email attachment or take a clear photo of your certificate. PDF, JPG, and PNG files are acceptable. This is optional but recommended, as it will store your external certificate alongside your certificates earned via CE.NationalRegister.org, which can be downloaded at a later date if you need it.
- Review the information entered and click the teal “Submit” button.
Once you have finished using the CE site, you can log out of your account by clicking the second menu item on the left, “Logout.”