Be Prepared Before the Webinar Starts
Review our webinar tips for attendees and test Zoom prior to the day of the webinar.
During the Webinar: Tips for Attendees
- Accessing the presentation slides:
- The day of the webinar, you will receive an email with the presentation slides and some reminders. Please check your junk mail folder if you do not see this email in your inbox. If you have trouble accessing the slides, contact us before the webinar begins.
- Sound and visuals: Our webinars begin promptly at 2pm ET*. When you join the webinar, you may see the slides but will not hear audio until start time. Most of our webinars do not display the presenter, only the slides.
- Audio issues and closed captions: If you have audio issues, please check your Zoom audio settings and your computer speakers. If you experience audio difficulties or would like to view supplementary text, you can display closed captions. Click “Closed Caption” in your Zoom meeting controls menu.
- Finding the Q&A box: Open the Q&A box through your Zoom menu. This is how you will submit content-related questions for the presenter. You will not see all questions asked by fellow attendees, but we will collate questions to address during the Q&A session.
- Printing or downloading the presentation slides: Open the slides via the URL provided. Use your browser controls to download or print (such as popup menu bar with download and print icons).
- For black and white or multiple slides per page: Use browser controls to print as PDF or to print via printer. Adjust settings as needed: color (e.g., black and white), pages per sheet (e.g., 6), scale (e.g., fit to paper), etc. Click the “print” button and follow any additional prompts.
- Completing the CE evaluation:
- During the webinar, we use bitly to simplify the URL for accessing the evaluation. For access via the bitly URL, open a new internet browser window and type the applicable URL in the search box at the top (just like you’d enter a web address). You can either start with bit.ly or you can start with https://bit.ly or http://bit.ly—whichever works best on your device—and then include the rest of the URL as instructed during the webinar.
- Email [email protected] with issues.
Technical issues and contacting National Register: Please email [email protected] or call 202-783-7663 for more in-depth, one-on-one troubleshooting if the tips outlined above do not fix your issue.
Testing Zoom and Joining a Webinar
The webinar will take place at 2:00pm* Eastern Time. Please make the proper time zone conversion to determine the start time in your city.
*Most webinars take place at 2pm ET, but check the timing details for the webinar you plan to attend.
For applicable webinars, a recording of the webinar presentation will be available on CE.NationalRegister.org the week following the conclusion of the live session. This recording is available for continuing education to those unable to attend the live webinar. Members have free access to a CE-eligible version of webinar recordings and nonmembers may purchase access.
Receiving Continuing Education
In order to receive continuing education, all attendees must:
- Attend the webinar in Zoom using unique link from registration email. Call-in only participants are not eligible for continuing education.
- Attend for the full scheduled webinar.
- Successfully complete the evaluation after the presentation.
All National Register Health Service Psychologists, National Register Practice Academy members, Canadian Register Health Service Psychologists, and paid attendees will earn continuing education upon successful completion of the webinar and evaluation. Doctoral students and trainees attending at no charge are not eligible for continuing education. Solve technical issues ahead of time to ensure that you qualify for continuing education.
The National Register of Health Service Psychologists is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The National Register maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The National Register of Health Service Psychologists is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0010