OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide Primary Care Integrated Behavioral Health services to the patients of Confluence Health within the Primary Care setting across a variety of locations throughout the system.
The Primary Care Psychologist will be placed in the East Wenatchee Clinic. The integrated model of care involves the collaboration between Primary Care Providers and Integrated Behavioral Health Providers. The Psychologist is considered part of the medical team and participates in provider meetings and is frequently sought after for their expertise. Patients with all levels of need are seen on a daily basis and preferably at their time of need. The Department of Integrated Behavioral Health was designed to allow PCPs to contact the Integrated Provider when a patient issue arises. This can be a simple meet and greet or helping patients deal with more complex types of issues (new diagnosis, diabetes, asthma, panic, depression, pain, etc.). The focus is on whatever the patient presents with that is impairing their functioning or their ability to be compliant with medical recommendations.
- Conducts brief therapy sessions for clinic patients.
- Maintains open access for urgent appointments for Primary Care patients
- Assess each patient according to best practice and practice norms
- Consult and collaborate with clinic providers regarding patients’ mental, physical, and psychosocial needs.
- Develop ongoing treatment plans for each patient.
- Communicate with referring provider and/or Primary Care Provider regarding patients’ diagnosis, treatment plan, and status changes.
- Refer patients for other services as appropriate.
- Participate with Integrated Behavioral Health staff at staffing meetings, case reviews, didactic presentations, and for training purposes.
- Provide consultation with providers on patients with health psychology issues.
- Participate in medical provider meetings as part of integration and any other meetings as assigned.
- Present at medical provider meetings on mental health topics and be a representative within the community on similar topics.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that promote professionalism, positive team dynamics and a positive attitude.
- Document all patient interactions within the electronic medical record and using additional forms as required within the required timeframe.
- Follow all Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care policies and procedures.
- Able to work on a variety of computer software programs efficiently.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other job functions that may be deemed necessary.
Requires full range of body motion including manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Requires standing, sitting, and walking plus reaching above and below shoulder height. Requires physically assisting patients and pushing patients in wheelchairs. Occasionally lift and carries items weighing up to 35 lb. Requires use of computer keyboard and telephone. Requires hearing and vision correctable to normal range. Also requires normal speaking ability, depth perception, and sense of touch.
Work is performed in an office and in patient exam, treatment rooms, and occasionally at the hospital where space may be limited and confined. Requires a combination of working independently and also working closely with others. Hours may be irregular at times; working past regular shifts will occur intermittently. Requires working under stressful conditions.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Knows CPR and updates these skills annually. Understands and complies with Clinic safety procedures including code and evacuation procedures. Understanding and following all universal blood and body fluid precautions and associated engineering and work practice controls and personal protective equipment requirements is required. Frequent exposure to infectious diseases, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical setting; occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals and potential skin irritants.
(Job Requirements content)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of the care provided in a medical setting
- Knowledge of psychological assessment, diagnostic, and treatment procedures
- Knowledge of patient education principles
- Relate effectively with co-workers, medical providers, staff and function as part of the team
- Relate effectively to patients, guests, and the general public
- Work efficiently and flexibly amidst on-going distractions
- Communicate effectively in written form
- Good organizational skills
- Speak to others with professionalism
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Respond calmly in an emergency situation
- Reason and think logically to solve problems
- Use judgment and make decisions, consult when necessary
- Deal effectively with the public in confrontational situations
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Speak clearly and concisely
- Negotiate and work through issues
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment that can change throughout the day
- Type at least 50 wpm is desirable