The Transplant Institute at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, MI is hiring a third, full-time psychologist. Please see below for the job posting.
In collaboration with the Transplant Institute, the team psychologist...
-provides Pre-surgical evaluations for transplant surgery
-provides follow up care for patients who have difficulties post surgery
-works with the transplant teams to provide excellent care and improve the quality of life of patients and families.
Responsibilities include: rapid assessment pre-surgery, and ongoing care inpatient and outpatient as indicated. Primary responsibilities are for the Kidney and Pancreas teams.
- Screening for substance abuse/dependence and facilitate treatment
- Screening for psychiatric issues and facilitate treatment
- Screening for health literacy and cognitive impairments
- Reviewing and mobilizing family support and other resources
- Evaluating candidates for surgical procedures to optimize compliance and effectiveness
- Providing brief treatment consistent with comprehensive interdisciplinary care to improve patient satisfaction and cost effectiveness
- Managing psychopathology and substance abuse risk
- Assessing motivation to improve, barriers to optimal compliance, and stage of change
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community.
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in clinical psychology (PhD or PsyD), with experience in health psychology, and be licensed to practice psychology independently in Michigan. Required APA approved doctoral program internship.
To apply and learn more, please visit henryford.com. Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until position is filled. Interested candidates are invited to send CV and letter of intent to: