Primary Care Psychologist (181049)
Located in downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is Minnesota's premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center. Committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families and staff, HCMC offers primary care and retail clinics throughout the Hennepin County metro area. We partner with our community, our patients and their families to ensure access to outstanding care. Our mission is to improve health and wellness through patient and community education, teaching and research.
Hennepin Healthcare has a current, full-time opening for a Primary Care Psychologist. This position will be shared 60% in our Addiction Medicine Clinic and 40% in our Brooklyn Park Clinic.
- Champion Primary Care Behavioral Health
- Triage patients with behavioral health concerns for appropriate assessment and/or treatment
- Consult to primary care providers and addiction medicine providers to assist with management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Complete brief diagnostic assessments (may include brief psychological testing) for mental illness and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Provide recommendations for psychological interventions (addressing their mental, chemical, and physical well-being)
- Collaborate with the patient (and family as applicable) to develop a treatment plan to address identified goals in psychotherapy
- Confer with staff members regarding the treatment plans for patients
- Provide stage-wise (ie. stages of change), culturally appropriate, empirically based psychological interventions in individual, family, and/or group modalities in an outpatient setting (experience with Motivational Interviewing, Accceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred)
- Perform health and behavior assessments and interventions for medical conditions
- Exhibit time efficiency (20-40 minute visits), flexibility, and ability to manage in high paced environment
- Perform brief ADHD assessments or brief cognitive assessments (administer, score, & interpret) to assist primary care providers with diagnostic clarification and treatment recommendations.
- Doctoral degree in psychology obtained from an APA-approvedprogram with appropriate clinical training
- Completion of an APA approved internship
- One year of supervised post-doctoral experience as a clinical psychologist in a medical or mental health setting
- Training appropriate to the area of specialization is required
- Certified (or eligible for certification) as a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Minnesota
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Exhibit time efficiency (20-40 minute visits), flexibility, and ability to manage in high-paced environment
Positions at Hennepin Healthcare are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment. HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We’re driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for your consideration in submitting an application.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis-Downtown Campus
Other Locations: MN-Brooklyn Park-Brooklyn Park Clinic
Standard Hours/FTE Status: FTE = 1.00 (80 hours per pay period)
Shift Detail: Day
Job Level: Staff
Employee Status: Regular
Eligible for Benefits: Yes
Union/Non Union: Non-Union
For further information please click here.