Overall Description of Responsibility or Nature of Work
A clinical and research postdoctoral fellow position in the field of pediatric diabetes is available in the Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes (Pediatric Division), at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The fellow will receive systematic training in the specialized knowledge and skills related to the management of type 1 diabetes with a specific emphasis on the implementation of adherence and other behavioral (e.g., fear of hypoglycemia) interventions. The fellow will receive four core training experiences: research, clinical care, research program development, and teaching and consultation. Approximately 75% of the fellow’s time will be spent on research through participation on existing NIH-funded grants, with the other 25% spent in direct clinical care. The fellow’s training includes study design and execution, manuscript writing, and grant preparation. Fellows will have the opportunity to receive additional mentorship via team collaborations within the Barbara Davis Center. Educational opportunities will be tailored to the fellow’s individual training needs and career goals include grand rounds, didactics, and seminars within the Barbara Davis Center and the University of Colorado. This is a two-year position, which is not renewable. The salary structure is both attractive and nationally competitive. Other benefits include health/dental insurance, vacation/sick leave and access to all University facilities.
For questions about research projects, the nature of the position and duties, or any other inquiries or interest, please contact Dr. Kimberly Driscoll: email@example.com.
Our training philosophy is based on the scientist-practitioner model: the fellow will be trained in advanced skills in the practice of psychology and in the integration of research and clinical services in a center dedicated to the medical and psychological treatment of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes and their families. Following the completion of training, the fellow will be prepared to function independently at the assistant professor level within a medical school or other professional setting with the goal of becoming a licensed psychologist by the end of the fellowship.
All candidates should be from an American Psychological Association (APA) approved doctoral graduate program in clinical, counseling, or school psychology, and will have completed (or be about to complete) an APA-approved internship program. Experience with children and adolescents is required and experience with type 1 diabetes or another pediatric chronic illness is preferred.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Applicants must apply through https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=08764&lang=en
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2017 (or later depending on date of internship completion).
- Required application materials:
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.