Time- 32 hours
Mon-Thu 12-8 PM
1. Aid in the oversight of the general operations of the Parnes clinic, including but not limited to.
- Screen patients
- Approve patients for the clinic and assign them to therapists.
- Answer students’ questions. (Extremely important)
- Provide TOTAL evening clinic coverage.
- Provide ad-hoc supervision of students as needed (with co-signature of clinic director.)
- Oversee charting (including the maintenance of electronic charting).
- Update all clinic materials as needed, such as manuals, brochures and website.
- Manage crises (under supervision of clinic director).
- Treat as many patients as needed to satisfy licensure requirements (with co-signature of clinic director). This is also extremely flexible.
2. Be available to faculty and staff for all issues involving the clinic.
- Attend faculty meetings as needed.
- Meet with individual doctoral faculty as needed.
- Help with “clinic related classes”, such as SCID training.
- Help with admissions as needed.
3. Participate in outreach as needed.
- Have primary oversight of testing in the clinic.
- Initial contact for emergencies and crises on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings.
- Be a “point person” for all ongoing research in the clinic, including but not limited to:
- Evidence based therapy outcome research.
- Evidence based research on the efficacy of various assessment tools.
- Community-based research
- Help facilitate the planning for and transition to new clinic location.
- $35,000/year. (Based on a 4-day week.)
- Benefits are included at the cost of approximately $20.00/month.
- Supervision for licensure.
- Research supervision.
- Permission to audit 1 Ferkauf class per semester (for free.)
- There also may be an opportunity to teach or co-teach a class or lab at Ferkauf. The (additional) salary for this is between $2500 and $4000 per class or lab.
- Completion of doctoral degree.
- An interest in clinic administration.
- An interest in community psychology
- A need for the completion of hours for licensure.
- An ability to be flexible and to improvise as the situation directs.
- An enjoyment of flexibility and improvisation as the situation directs.
William Salton, Ph. D.
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology/Yeshiva University