Exciting career opportunity! Work alongside an incredible staff of pediatricians, pediatric residents and psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers in our integrated behavioral health program in the Bronx. The ideal candidate will have pediatric lifespan experience.
Successful applicants will have access to a wealth of educational opportunities as part of Montefiore, a major teaching hospital in the Bronx.
Successful applicants will be part of a large integrated behavioral health team and work to provide social emotional/behavioral and developmental screening of children, mental health screening of pregnant mothers, education of pediatricians and pediatric residents, facilitation of referrals, and provision of evidence based intervention, as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Licensed or license eligible psychologist in NY State
- Experience working with parents and families, including assessment of parent-child relationships and family systems, and providing treatment , as needed
- Experience assessing the growth and development of infants and young children
- Experience with evidence based interventions for school age and adolescent behavioral health
- Flexibility to work in various capacities on an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about exploring new roles
- Ability to work independently and to think reflectively about work and professional role
- Experience working in a medical setting or with health professionals
SPANISH SPEAKING STRONGLY PREFERRED
**Interested Applicants should send CV and cover letter to**
Polina Umylny, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, Pediatric Behavioral Health Integration Program (BHIP)
Montefiore Medical Group