Compass Health Center is seeking a therapist with a background in health psychology for our Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Northbrook office.
We are seeking an experienced clinician trained in evidence-based, short-term, interventions to address chronic pain. In this role, you will facilitate psychoeducation and skills based groups, as well as, individual therapy.
If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing group therapy in the Young Adult and Adult Programs
- Conducting weekly chronic pain focused psychoeducation and skills groups in the Adult program
- Effectively communicating between patients, families and the treatment team
- Communicating and coordinating with outside providers for continuity of care
- Assessing patients' progress and need for higher level of care or discharge
- Charting progress of patients appropriately
- Providing resource support to the subset of patients coping with chronic pain
- Development and implementation of curriculum focused on the understanding and treatment of chronic pain
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Hold the following licenses or certification: PsyD or PhD
- Have experience delivering evidence-based interventions to address chronic pain, through group and individual formats
- Past PHP or inpatient experience is preferred
- Possess a core set of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter.
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Favorable raise structure, with the potential of up to 6% annual salary increase, based on annual performance review
About Compass Health Center
Compass Health Center is a premier outpatient psychiatric provider, specializing in evidence-based partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. Our highly skilled, personable, passionate staff is invested in helping out patients improve their daily and long term functioning. With locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we pride ourselves on delivering dedicated, compassionate care to our patients.
For more information, please visit https://www.compasshealthcenter.net/
Job type: Full time
Required Education: Doctorate