Hennepin County Medical Center has a current opening for a Health Psychologist. This position will be split 60% in the Positive Care Center and 40% in another primary care clinic.
The Positive Care Center (PCC) is the largest HIV clinic in the state of Minnesota. It is made up of a multi-disciplinary team that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologist, pharmacists, social workers, medical case managers, licensed alcohol and drug counselors and others to ensure patients receive exceptional wrap around services along a care continuum from medical care to comprehensive psychosocial supportive services all within one setting.
- Champion primary care behavioral health
- Triage patients with behavioral health concerns for appropriate assessment and/or treatment.
- Consult to primary care providers to assist with management of the behavioral health needs of their patients on an urgent basis.
- Complete brief diagnostic assessments (may include brief psychological testing) for mental illness and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders.
- Provide and communicate recommendations for psychological interventions (addressing their mental, chemical, and physical well-being)
- Collaborate with the patient (and family as applicable) to develop a treatment plan to address identified goals in psychotherapy.
- Confer with staff members regarding the treatment plans for clients.
- Provide stage-wise (stages of change/treatment), culturally appropriate, empirically based psychological interventions in individual, family, and/or group modalities in an outpatient setting (familiarity with Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred) to patients who could benefit from this model of therapy.
- Perform health and behavior assessments and interventions for medical illnesses.
- Exhibit time efficiency (15-30 minute appointments), flexibility, and ability to manage in high paced environment
- On occasion, perform ADHD Screeners or brief cognitive assessments (administer, score, & interpret) to assist primary care providers with diagnostic clarification and treatment recommendations.
- Doctoral degree in psychology obtained from an APA-approved program with appropriate clinical training
- Completion of an APA approved internship
- One year of supervised post-doctoral experience as a clinical psychologist in a medical or mental health setting
- Training appropriate to the area of specialization is required
- Certified (or eligible for certification) as a Licensed Psychologist in the State
Positions at Hennepin County Medical Center are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies.
Primary Location: US-MN-Minneapolis
Standard Hours/FTE Status: FTE = 1.00 (80 hours per pay period)
Shift Detail: Day