Yes, it is possible to have a psychiatrist or social worker supervise you for the postdoctoral year, but only when a qualified psychologist is not available to provide the supervision due to unusual circumstances. This typically occurs in rural areas. Like a psychologist supervisor, the psychiatrist or social worker should have training in direct health service delivery, be senior to you in experience (e.g., board certified), and have experience relevant to the experience for which you are being supervised. It is important to keep in mind that half (1,500 hours) of the required 3,000 hours of direct service experience must be supervised by an appropriately qualified psychologist. In either case, you will need to submit a vita for that individual indicating the date and currency of board certification status.