Exciting career opportunity! Work alongside an incredible staff of pediatricians, pediatric residents and psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers in our integrated behavioral health program at Montefiore Medical Group in the Bronx, which was recently awarded the Health Care Delivery Award from the Academic Pediatric Association. https://www.academicpeds.org/aboutUs/about_awards_apa_hc_delivery.cfm
The ideal candidate will have pediatric lifespan experience.
Candidate will also have access to a wealth of educational opportunities as part of Montefiore, a major teaching hospital in the Bronx.
Candidate will be part of a large integrated behavioral health team (multiple programs operating in the Montefiore system) and work to provide preventive services, including social emotional/behavioral and developmental screening of children, mental health screening of pregnant mothers, education of pediatricians and pediatric residents, facilitation of referrals, and provision of intervention as needed.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Licensed psychologist in NY state
- Experience and knowledge about early child growth and development, parent-child relationships, child health, and family systems
- Experience assessing the growth and development of infants and children under five years of age
- Experience working with mothers and fathers; experience facilitating parent groups preferred
- Experience with evidence based interventions for school age and adolescent behavioral health
- Demonstrated flexibility to work on an interdisciplinary team; ability to work in various roles and capacities and to respect boundaries in each role
- Ability to establish mutually satisfying relationships with a wide range of people
- Enthusiasm about exploring new roles
- Capacity to be reflective about work and role
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in a medical setting or with health professionals
Please feel free to forward, and encourage interested applicants to reach out directly to Polina Umylny at email@example.com.