Director of Behavioral Health Services
J.E. and Z.B. Butler Center for Children and Families at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
As the academic medical center and University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center is nationally recognized for clinical excellence. Montefiore combines a deep commitment to the community with nationally-renowned expertise to reach people in locations easiest for them.
The J.E. and Z.B. Butler Center for Children and Families at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore has a 30 year history of providing comprehensive evaluations and treatment for children who are victims of physical or sexual abuse, have been exposed to violence or may have experienced trauma related to abuse and neglect. Services provided include medical evaluations, forensic interviews, behavioral health services, training and consultation. The Butler Center, located in the Bronx, New York, is designed to help children and families feel safe and begin the healing process. The center is housed in a child-friendly two story building close to the main entrance of Montefiore Medical Center. http://www.cham.org/butlercenter
The Director of Behavioral Health oversees all mental health needs of the Butler Center, both an Article 28 and 31 site, and a satellite of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Montefiore. Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills and be adept at working in an environment that encourages interdisciplinary collaboration and team work to enable quality patient care. Experience with evidenced based, trauma focused therapies required.
Specific clinical responsibilities include:
· Oversight of all referrals for mental health services consisting of short term crisis intervention, mental status assessments, short and long term therapy and group treatment.
· Responsible for the supervision, education and collaboration of mental health staff consisting of a psychologist, psychiatrist, and 3 social workers as well as residents rotating through the Butler Center.
· Ensure compliance with New York State Office of Mental Health requirements.
· Involvement in departmental meetings with the Department of Psychiatry.
· Participate in Butler Center program initiatives.
Requirements include a Doctorate of Psychology and current New York State license.
Diverse Background and Spanish speaking strongly encouraged.
Excellent benefits, salary commensurate with experience, faculty appointment available.
To apply: Email your CV to Lynn Hamberg at email@example.com