DIRECTOR FORENSIC SERVICES/CHIEF PSYCHOLOGIST
This is a management position responsible for the administration and provision of psychological services and administration of the Forensic Services Program at the Saskatchewan Hospital through a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic and growing hospital setting. This position provides the opportunity to direct care for and work with individuals with chronic major mental illness and intellectual disabilities, often treatment resistant, in both Forensic Psychology and Psychiatric Rehabilitation departments within Saskatchewan Hospital, North Battleford. The Forensic Services Program is the only Provincial hospital program or facility designated for the secure admission and detention of prisoners for mental health purposes pursuant to the Criminal Code and the Correctional Services Act.
Reporting to the Chief Psychiatrist, this position oversees and provides clinical psychology services to patients in short-term and extended psychiatric rehabilitation, forensic and secure psychiatric rehabilitation. This position is designated both by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Corrections and Policing as the Administrator, and oversees/provides court-ordered assessment and treatment of various patients under court orders by the Criminal Justice System.
The successful incumbent ensures quality provision of service in compliance with all relevant policies and legislative requirements. Provides all administrative duties related to the forensics and psychological services, including participation on management and advisory committees.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in specialized forensic assessment and intervention approaches
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code, Review Board processes, and relevant legislation
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and superior oral and written skills
- Valid driver's license is required, as position requires travel to various meeting points throughout province
- Substantial practice experience in the provision of forensic service and forensic psychology
- Demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate programming, research and services
- Leadership, organizational, and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, review and administer departmental policies
Please see the attached announcement for more details.