As the coronavirus pandemic continues to unfold, psychologists will be called upon by their patients and the public to assist. To aid you in preparing, we have compiled a list of resources that may be of assistance. Part of the psychological response will be to counter hysteria by providing the most accurate and up to date information on the virus and the illness it causes. Another key element of the response will be to educate patients about how to engage in less risky behavior in order to limit spread of the disease. We have collected the following resources for your use. We will update this list as circumstances dictate in order to provide you with the most current information possible.
National Register Resources on Telepsychology
- Save the Date: Additional Upcoming Webinars
- Suicidal Risk and Telepsychology: From Supportive Resources to Clinical Treatment video course with Dr. David A. Jobes. No charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers.
- After the Acute Phase of Coronavirus—What Comes Next and Update on How COVID-19 is Impacting the Regulatory Community & What the Future Might Hold video courses with Drs. Jana N. Martin, Morgan T. Sammons, and Alex M. Siegel (presented by National Register in collaboration with ASPPB and The Trust). No charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers.
- Online Group Therapy video course with Dr. Ann Steiner—no charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers
- A Telepsychology Primer publication course and Doing Intakes via Telepsychology video course with Dr. Sara Smucker Barnwell—no charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers
- Pragmatics of Telepsychology Practice in the Age of COVID-19 and Telepsychology With Children and Teens in the Age of COVID-19 video courses with Dr. Mary K. Alvord—no charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers
- Journal of Health Service Psychology publication courses—no charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers: Psychologist Self-Care During the Pandemic: Now More Than Ever by John C. Norcross & Colleen M. Phillips; Moral Injury in Times of COVID-19 by Roger D. Williams, Jessica A. Brundage & Erin B. Williams; Psychological Practice and the COVID-19 Crisis: A Rapid Response Survey by Morgan T. Sammons, Gary R. VandenBos & Jana N. Martin
- Risk Management Webinars: Risk Management and Ethical Considerations in Supervision with Dr. Daniel Taube (in collaboration with The Trust); Risk Management Considerations for Safely Reopening Neuropsychology Practice in the Era of COVID-19 with Drs. Margaret Lanca & Daniel Taube (in collaboration with the InterOrganizational Practice Committee and The Trust); Risk Management for Teleneuropsychology with Drs. Russell Bauer, PhD, ABPP, Munro Cullum, PhD, ABPP, Karen Postal, PhD, ABPP-CN, and Dan Taube, JD, PhD (in collaboration with the InterOrganizational Practice Committee and The Trust). No charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers.
- Podcasts: Transitioning Clinical Services From In-Person to Virtual with Dr. Ronelle Langley; Providing Telepsychology Services and Telepsychology Dos and Don’ts for Clinicians with Dr. Samuel Lustgarten; The Emerging and Evolving World of Telepsychology with Drs. Morgan T. Sammons, Jana N. Martin, Gary R. VandenBos, and Samuel Lustgarten
- A Practical Guide to Providing Telepsychology with Minimal Risk three-hour seminar from the National Practice Conference 2019 (presented in conjunction with our friends at The Trust)
- Additional video courses on telepsychology—no charge for National Register members, paid for nonmembers—are accessible via the National Register’s continuing education website.
Additional Resources on Telepsychology
- Person Centered Tech has compiled a central repository of Special Telehealth and Licensure Enforcement Rules for the COVID-19 Emergency
- Licensure Related Matters and COVID-19 from our colleagues at ASPPB
- TherapyNotes resource: Billing for Phone Calls with CPT Codes 98966, 98967, and 98968
- March 17 CMS Press Release expanding Medicare telehealth services
- Reminder: As of 3/17/2020, PSYPACT has not authorized any psychologist to provide interjurisdictional telepsychology services. We anticipate updates to this situation in light of the coronavirus crisis, but until such updates occur, you must check your state or province’s Department of Health for further guidance. PSYPACT information can be found at www.psypact.org
- Sample Informed Consent for Telepsychology (Word document), developed by The Trust
- The Commonwealth Fund provides a concise analysis of the future of telehealth under COVID
Additional Resources on COVID-19
- Medicare and CMS continually update their Coronavirus resource pages
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) continually update their Coronavirus resources page
- The HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) hosted a webinar, “OCR Update on HIPAA and COVID-19” on April 24 that is now available to view. You can view the slides of the presentation here.
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: California Health Corps
- NYSPA COVID-19 updates and resources for professionals and the public
- OCR Bulletin from March 28
- Our partners at NASP are concerned about the welfare of the school psychology community: Review their COVID-19 Resource Center
- Canadian Psychological Association COVID-19 Public Resources
- SAMHSA resources on COVID-19
- CMS Current Emergencies, updates on coronavirus
- The Trust has also developed a resource center: https://parma.trustinsurance.com/Resource-Center/COVID-19-Resources
- The Council of State Governments has several pages on COVID-19 Resources for State Leaders
- The Pew Charitable Trusts interactive map: State Action on Coronavirus
- Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Response to the Public Health Emergency on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)—PDF document updated March 20
- Here is the Health Affairs blog for coronavirus
- The CMS’ COVID-19 FAQs for EHB (PDF)
- VA National Center for PTSD resources for managing stress during COVID-19 outbreak
- Self-help and treatment-companion apps for PTSD
- Content from Laurel Road, one of our partner organizations: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Research Publications on COVID-19
- From Hogrefe Publishing: The Psychology of Pandemics – A Selection of Readings
- The Lancet‘s COVID-19 Resource Centre
- The New England Journal of Medicine‘s collection of articles and resources on the coronavirus outbreak
- The JAMA Network’s COVID-19 resource collection