The White River Junction VA Medical Center (WRJ VAMC) has a Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship position available in Primary Care Integration and Health Psychology.
General Qualifications: A candidate for the WRJ VAMC Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship—Focus in Primary Care Integration and Health Psychology must be:
- a U.S. citizen
- a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 must have registered for the draft by age 26 to be eligible for any US government employment, including selection as a paid VA trainee.
- Fellows are subject to fingerprinting and background checks. Selection decisions are contingent on passing these screens.
- VA conducts drug screening exams on randomly selected personnel as well as new employees.
- successful completion of an APA-accredited psychology internship
- completion of a doctoral degree, including dissertation defense, from an APA-accredited Clinical or Counseling Psychology program prior to the start date of the fellowship.
The WRJ VAMC encourages applications from members of all ethnic groups, women and persons with disabilities.
Specific Qualifications: The postdoctoral fellowship program seeks applicants with some prior training and experience in working in a primary care setting and health psychology. The fellowship at the WRJ VAMC is clinically-oriented and so places a premium on those experiences that prepare applicants for clinical practice informed by scholarship. Highly regarded candidates will have completed clinically-oriented internships and have experiences conducting individual psychotherapy (i.e., brief and long-term psychotherapy with adults and clinical interviewing), psychological assessment, health psychology, and clinical practice in primary care. Highly regarded candidates will also have completed coursework in health psychology and have training and experience in cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.WRJ VAMC Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Program strives to create an environment supportive of diversity.