The Dayton VA Medical Center has availability of a one-year postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Primary Care Integration, Women’s Health, and Behavioral Medicine. The training year will begin in mid-late August 2017.
The fellowship program is primarily located in the Primary Care Outpatient Clinic at the Dayton VA Medical Center. Within Primary Care, psychologists function in the context of a co-located, collaborative mental health integrated team (PC-MHI). All PC-MHI psychologists are imbedded within their respective Primary Care "teamlets" that include a Provider, an RN, an LPN, and an MSA. Services include consultation, assessment, brief therapy, and staff education. Treatments offered are brief, evidence based CBT based interventions and psychoeducational groups. Fellows will also participate in health related activities, such as facilitating MOVE! Classes, tobacco cessation shared medical appointments, and working in medical specialty clinics (e.g., diabetes, congestive heart failure). Fellows will gain experience providing consultation to the inpatient medical and surgical units throughout the medical center and the Emergency Department. Please click here for additional details.
To apply to the fellowship program, the following materials are needed:
- A cover letter that describes your personal training goals and how our fellowship program may meet those goals.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members or clinical supervisors who are familiar with your clinical and research work.
- A letter or email from the graduate program Training Director specifying current dissertation status and the projected timeline for completing all requirements for the doctoral degree (if the degree has already been completed, please submit the certificate or similar official documentation).
- A letter or email from the internship Training Director indicating good standing in the internship program and expected completion date (if the internship is already completed, please submit certificate or similar official documentation).
- One (1) official graduate transcript from each graduate program attended.
Please submit all materials electronically directly to Dr. Bischoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline has been extended until the positions are filled.