EVANS ARMY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
7500 COCHRAN CIRCLE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado 80913
|Salary Range:||$85,816 to $115,399 / per year|
About the Position:
This position is located with the Department of Behavioral Health at Fort Carson, Colorado.
This work involves treating soldiers with a broad range of behavioral health concerns in specific combat divisions at various locations around the world.
Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to prior employment with specific agencies
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
As a Clinical Psychologist at Fort Carson, you will:
- Screen and interview patients, and perform bio-psychological social evaluations.
- Assess and provide crisis intervention for individuals and families.
- Make mental health diagnoses as appropriate in accordance with DSM-IV-TR criteria.
- Provide individual and group therapy using various modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy.
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Degree:Successful completion of a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
- Experience required:To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience diagnosing psychological disorders; experience providing individual, couple, family and/or group counseling; and experience in using psychological assessments, psycho-diagnostic evaluations and psychotherapy.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted clinical license to practice Psychology independently offered by a U.S. State, the District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
Further details can be found here.