Charles River Community Health is an outstanding community health center providing medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, and vision services to diverse underserved communities in Allston, Brighton, Waltham and surrounding areas. We have 4 sites, use an Electronic Medical Record, and have established a Patient-Centered Medical Home for our patients. We need an experienced bilingual (Spanish-English or Portuguese-English) Psychologist to provide behavioral health services at our Waltham site, and to also help build the capacity of our primary care providers to manage more behavioral health issues within primary care. This is an exciting, fast paced practice with a strong mission and commitment to quality care. This position offers potential repayment of education loans through federal and state programs.
- Provide Behavioral Health services in a community health center setting. Provide: initial assessment, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and/or short term (1-3 sessions) intervention for patients. Perform psychosocial assessments, including identification and evaluation of complex risk factors, and assigns diagnoses (when appropriate). Develop and implement short term interventions. Triage patient needs and arrange appropriate services for patients either within the clinic's Behavioral Health outpatient team or at affiliated hospitals and clinics.
- Provide consultation to Health Center medical staff, affiliated programs and/or the community as requested or required through contractual agreement. Plan and conduct formal didactic teaching and in-service education programs for health center staff.
- Train and supervise clinical staff and/or students within area of responsibility. Provide orientation and clinical instruction to staff of Behavioral Health and Medical Departments.
- Identify, develop, evaluate and recommend new interventions as appropriate.
- Record assessments and interventions in patient medical records according to established documentation standards. Prepare patient reports, correspondence, referrals and other materials for community agencies, schools, legal proceedings and others as needed. Develop and implement treatment plans based on presenting problem and clinical diagnosis.
HOURS: Full-time 40 hours/week – possibility of part-time for qualified candidate. Position offers competitive salary and benefit package (benefits for 20 hours or more per week).
- Doctorate in psychology from an accredited college or university.
- Current, valid, unrestricted licensure to practice as a Psychologist in Massachusetts.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish and/or Portuguese required.
Interested candidates should e-mail their CV to: email@example.com or send hard-copy mail to the attention of:
Human Resources, 495 Western Avenue, Brighton, MA 02135
Charles River Community Health is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified individuals with diverse racial & ethnic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.