Full-time at: Renton, WA
Identifies, triages and co-manages patients with medical and behavioral health problems within the school-based health primary care setting. Provides skill training through psycho-education and patient education strategies and develops specific behavioral change plans for patients and behavioral health protocols for target populations.
- Assist primary health care provider in recognizing and treating mental disorders and psychosocial problems, and behavioral medicine problems
- Assessment and triage: conduct initial screening visit of 30 minutes or less, evaluate level of functioning, determine risk level, assist with diagnosis and behavioral management of HealthPoint patients.
- Work with primary care team (primary care provider, nutritionist) to treat and manage patients with emotional and/or health problems efficiently and effectively assisting in the development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Provide behavioral health care to minors in accordance with Washington State Law; maintain strict adherence to confidentiality policies.
- Work with primary care provider to refer cases to mental health specialists as appropriate. Assist school personnel with referrals as needed.
- Evaluate patient care plans with primary care team.
- Teach patients self care. Teach families and health center staff techniques for patient care. Teach patients and health center staff techniques for prevention of risks to the well-being of the patient and techniques for treatment enhancement of the patient.
- Develop and conduct educational workshops and group visits to promote skill building, education, and improved health for patients and the overall student population.
Education and/or Experience:
Licensed or license-eligible psychologist or other credentialed counselor degree. Experience in health psychology and working in medical settings required. Experience working with adolescent population required.
Licenses or Certificates:
Washington State license or Certificate relevant to individual’s degree.