The UIC Department of Family Medicine is recruiting a full-time Clinical Psychologist at the Assistant/Associate Professor level (rank commiserate with experience) with a 25% appointment in the Department of Psychiatry. This is primarily a clinical position, with approximately 80% of effort devoted to patient care. Working closely with the Family Medicine director of behavioral science and residency director, the faculty, and the residents, this person will also assist with implementing the behavioral science programs within the Family Medicine Department. In addition to collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry, there will be opportunities to work with the School of Public Health, the University of Illinois Hospital and Health System and Mile Square Family Health Center, an FQHC.
- Provide direct professional clinical health psychology care to a diverse urban population.
- Consult with faculty and residents regarding psychological aspects of patient care.
- Aid in the development and implementation of behavioral science program as part of the UIC Family Medicine Residency Curriculum. This includes curriculum for the instruction and development of skills in the diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders in children and adults, emotional aspects of non-psychiatric disorders, psychopharmacology, substance dependence and abuse, the physician/patient relationship, patient interviewing skills, and counseling skills. Behavioral science curriculum also includes community outreach and cultural awareness.
- Consult and collaborate in the development and conduct of faculty and resident scholarly projects.
- Collaborate with other departments, institutes, and colleges in the development of educational programs for faculty and residents.
- PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology or related degree.
- Illinois licensure or license eligibility.
- Clinical practice experience is required.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in medical education and health psychology.
- Fluency in Spanish and experience in an urban Family Medicine Residency program are preferred but not required.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=93019.